Sunday, August 11, 2013

Week 4 Reflection on Action Research Study

After a week filled with leadership retreat with my campus and cognitive coaching for work. I can now sit down and share the progress I have made with my action research study.


Thanks to all the people that made comments on how to improve my action research plan I incorporated those in to the plan before I emailed it my principal reviewed the action research plan and she approved it without any changes. Throughout this process we have discussed the needs of the ELL population and brainstormed many times how to approach the fact that they are not progressing at the same rate as their same age peers. The meetings started in June when she helped me to focus my internship plan and in July when we sat down and discussed the focus for my action research plan. The last few times we have emailed each other to make sure I am heading in the right direction. The last Email from her was positive and she is very excited over the process of following me and my action research plan.
 

Specific challenges I can for see as I implement my action research study are, time constraints, core teachers not bringing samples of student writing with them to the meetings, teachers understanding how the focus of one sub population is beneficial for all students. Before I meet with teachers and start this process I am going to sit down with my principal and address the challenge of teachers not bringing essays to the meeting. I am also going to have an agenda sent out about a week before we meet to ensure teachers know what we are doing during the meeting. There will be a set protocol for how the meeting is run to ensure we have the time we need to evaluate the essays. Data will be used to help teachers understand the reason for focusing on the ELL population. There are probably unforeseen issues which I have to deal with as I encounter them.

No comments:

Post a Comment